Thursday, May 19, 2011

Water Temps Here Are No Comparison to There

Beautiful day in the Northwest today so armed with flip-flops, khaki shorts, and shirts with no jackets, Gabriel and I hit the beach.  I forgot to check the tide chart so I was shocked to come upon low tide on a warm sunny day (last time it was cold enough for hoodies).  It was packed with people but luckily we were able to squeeze into a very tight parking spot next to a cordoned off area where they had just repainted the parking spots.

Gabriel and I had a little walk to the playground and beach meeting a purebred shepherd named "Ava."  I was surprised that 5 1/2 year old Gabriel was too nervous to pet Ava, which also surprised me.  He later said he didn't like 'big' dogs.  I didn't think Ava was that big.  But, then again, I'm not 3 1/2 feet tall (I think that's about his height).  It's all in the perspective, isn't it?

We walked out in the wet sand and in the water far out from the 'normal' beach that we are used to.  The water temperature was freezing cold, especially comparing it to Costa Rica.  There is no comparison.  I think I am having a love affair with CR.  ha...

Heard from Jan yesterday morning and we were able to clarify our living arrangements in Costa Rica.  She asks that I don't have a bunch of people and kids coming to stay with me there.  And, that she figures eventually, once I meet people, I will find my own place.  I was so relieved to read her email.  This means she won't be having gobs of people staying, either!  We'll both still have the peace and quiet we currently enjoy.  This conversation reaffirmed that we are in a similar space.  Her latest painting, an abstract of all things, was pretty cool.  A friend of hers put a poem and music to the painting and it was a perfect performance piece.  All about broken hearts...  (Hope CR doesn't break mine.)

I recently had a dream of a very big storm that everyone was anticipating and trying to find cover.  It was very eerie.  This Saturday, Jasmine's birthday, is supposed to be the day of "The Rapture."  Jesus is supposed to appear and the world may come to an end.  I have a very busy day making a birthday dinner and cake for Jasmine, so, Saturday, May 21, 2011, is not convenient for me.  I think I read that on Sunday, May 22, Los Angeles should expect an earthquake.  Arnold is having an affair, and the IMF chief from France was caught with the hotel's maid.  Financial experts are predicting another crisis in 2014 since these things apparently run every 7 years.

Maybe this is the end of the world with people just falling apart.  Doomsday theorists and the unfaithful married men.  Or is it just all arrogance and ignorance?

No comments:

Post a Comment