Friday, May 20, 2011

Was Excited About the 10 minutes of 70 Degree Weather Today

Thanks to some warmer weather in the Northwest, I was able to get my deck and flower pots cleaned off and ready for summer.  To think that this is exciting!  If I was in CR, I would be in 70-80+ weather every day.  Would I get tired of that?  Would I miss the seasons?

With today's research, I realized I could ship my things via a container, if I chose to do so.  Signed up for an interesting site called ARCR.  Lots of info on moving to CR.  I read further on the 'pensionada' status and looks like I'd have to pay a $950 registration fee for that permanent status.  Renews every 3 years, as I recall.  Or, just leave the country every 3 months for at least 72 hours.  Have to weigh which would really cost more.  Sounds like a hassle to leave every 3 months, even if it is an adventure. 

Then, I also thought about the option of living in the States during summer and in CR during our winters.  6 months on and 6 months off.  But, that would mean living with my son, daughter-in-law, granddaughter which they may not be too excited about.  Not sure I would either since their current place isn't that comfortable for me, especially for a long-term stay. 

There is a lot to think about.  And, as the weather warms up here, I wish I could afford to live in my condo long term, too.  Just isn't looking good.  And, what about my Graves Disease.  My eyes are bothering me more than usual.  Gives me pause for concern. 

On the other hand, there is the adage: Follow your bliss.  Life is short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment